RECETA EN ESPAÑOL Mexican corn on the cob Chile recipe. oh boy, this recipe is so easy I will teach how to make the most delicious Chile sauce to put on your corn, it is so easy and so good.
you only need 2 ingredients juice lime and chile NOT chili powder you would need chiles like tajin chili that are sweet and salty with flavor.
preferely you will need 2 kinds of chiles but if you can’t find 2 then with 1 will make the job,
you can find them in any Mexican store or some Walmart Kroger HEB has them.
LET’S ENSEMBLE THE CORN
- cook your corn , add enough water to cover them and cook them for 20-25 minutes.
- once they are warm/hot add some either mayonnaise or butter (in my house mayonnaise wins it gives so much flavor)
- add the chile recipe (the one that I am sharing with you today)
- some queso fresco o queso cotija (queso cotija has a strong flavor and it is a dry cheese) you can find queso cotija where the queso fresco it is.
- at this point your street corn on the cob is ready to eat OR you can add more lime juice and salt and chile powder.
Mexican corn on the cob chile recipe is a favorite snack in our home. every time that the corn is on sale like 5×1 or 6×1 we buy no joke around 60 and freeze them for the rest of the year.
CAN I FREEZE THE CORN?
of course you can, just remove the husk and add them to a gallon ziploc bag and you can keep them for months and months.
MEXICAN CORN ON THE COB CHILE RECIPE
- 1/4 cup oh 1 of the 2 chiles (sweet and salty)
- 2 tbsp of the second one chile (for this one we use a spicy one)but any other chile will work.
- 1/2-1 tsp salt start with 1/2 tsp, if you think in needs more salt then you can add some more.
- 2 limes the juice (i use the medium size of limes no seeds) you can add more juice to your taste
- 1-2 tbsp water
because all the chiles are different, I will suggest that you start with 1/2 tsp of salt, do the mix and taste it, if you feel it needs more flavor then you can add more salt if you prefer.
In a bowl, add the chilies, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
taste it and if you consider that it is very thick you can add water or more lemon juice for more flavor.
For Collaborations or Business inquiries please send me an email HERE